5TH MARMARIS INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL
SPECIFICATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM SCREENING 2019
5th Marmaris International Short Film Festival will be held in Marmaris, Turkey between 15th of October, 2019 and 20th of October, 2019.
- To contribute to the development of the short film industry by supporting the short film directors and producers from all around the world.
- To contribute to the cultural development and promotion of Marmaris with the events throughout the festival and to bring the people of Marmaris together with the films, directors and cinema people from Turkey and abroad.
- The Festival Committee is the decision-making organ of the festival. The committee, chaired by the Director of the Festival, determines and supervises the festival's project, calendar and operation.
- The authority to decide on any disputes and on any subjects not mentioned in the specifications is on the committee. The decisions of the Committee are final.
- The Director of the Festival, after making an equitable distribution of duties, ensures and follows that the units work in harmony in compliance with their duties, and in accordance with the specifications and the festival calendar.
- Assistant coordinators are the executive organs of the festival. All kinds of field operations such as applications, screenings, events, transportation, accommodation, opening, closing, award ceremony are performed by these units.
The advisory board, which consists of well-known filmmakers and experienced people in the sector, serves the development and growth of the festival through their connections and experiences.
- International screening is realised in four different categories; fiction, documentary, experimental and animation. Participants determine the category to participate in the screening themselves. However, in case of controversial situations the decision of the advisory board is valid.
- The films to participate in the screening section;
- should be at least 1920x1080 hd video format,
- should have an audible sound quality,
- should have a duration of less than 20 minutes,
- should be produced after the 1st of January, 2018 and
- should have English subtitles embedded in the film, and the (srt) files for the English subtitles of the films should be sent.
- Films that include and involve racism, sexism and terrorist propaganda are disqualified by the committee and/or the advisory board.
TERMS OF SUBMISSION
- Submissions will be made through the website www.filmfreeway.com between 5th of May, 2019 and 30th of July, 2019. No applications will be taken by any other means.
- It is mandatory to fill in all fields on Filmfreeway and to upload all the necessary forms and documents.
- The revision requests of the participants will not be accepted after the completion of the application.
RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- At least 10 directors are invited to the festival by drawing lots among the director's whose films are taken in special screening. The hotel, food and beverage and the local transfers is provided by the festival.
- Participants may withdraw from the screening program one month before the date of the festival.
- All the responsibility for copyright matters belongs to the applicant. The festival committee has no responsibility for any copyright-related matter.
- Up to 10-second episodes from the films can be used by the festival committee for purposes of promotion, announcement, news, etc. of the festival.
- Marmaris International Short Film Festival has the right to create a selection of participating films and display in domestic and international organizations in a non-commercial manner by making a general announcement in social media with the permission of the Director and/or Producer of the films.
- After completing the application, the Director and/or the Producer shall be deemed to have accepted all the festival specifications and the festival rights.
Address: Armutalan Mah. Orgeneral Mustafa Muğlalı Cd. No:8 Armutalan Kültür, Merkezi, 48700 Marmaris/Muğla
Web Site: www.marmarisfilmfest.com