National and High School Competition, International Film Screenings
• High School competition section of the festival is subject to the same conditions as the other short film competition.
• Only films by filmmakers and/or directors with Turkish citizenship can participate in the competition section of the festival.
• Films by non-nationals will be shown in a special screening program.
• Only the films shot after January 1, 2017 are accepted to the festival.
• When necessary, the festival committee can require Recording and Registration Documents.
• Short films can participate in Narrative, Experimental, Animated and Documentary
• Films submitted must be 1920X1080 HD in size and in a format that can be opened on any computer.
• Films for Narrative, Experimental, and Animated Short categories cannot exceed 20 minutes, including the credits and titles, and those for the Documentary Short section 30 minutes.
• Applications for participation must be made by filling in the application form at “www.marmarisfilmfest.com” and submitted online.
• Upon filling in the application form and submitting it, the filmmaker (Director or producer) whose name appears on the application form accepts the Regulations and the Rights of the Festival.
• Participants can submit more than one film.
• Films in Turkish, participating in the competition, should contain English subtitles, and films in any other language must have both Turkish and English subtitles, which must be sent to email@example.com via wetransfer.
• For the jury members to view the films online, films must be uploaded on vimeo/youtube and remain there until the end of the festival.
• Festival cannot be held responsible for any unauthorized inclusion of any copyrighted content (music, photograph, picture, etc.) in the submitted films. The sole responsibility is with the director and/or producer whose name appears on the application form.
• Marmaris International Short Film Festival holds the right of non-commercial screening of the films throughout Turkey during the tour program following the end of the festival.
• The following documents and materials must be uploaded on wetransfer by the filmmakers and a link for downloading must be included in the relevant section of the application form:
• A short bio of the director (both, in Turkish and English; each 250 characters maximum)
• As specified in the Regulations, film dialogues for participants from abroad.
• A short synopsis of the film (in Turkish and English, each 250 characters maximum).
• At least two high-resolution set photos of the film.
• If available, a high resolution poster of the film.
• Director’s photograph.
• After uploading the documents specified in the Regulations on wetransfer, enter the wetransfer link on the relevant section of the application form.